Thursday, October 4, 2007

Is it just me...

...or are the names used by spammers on Myspace getting more and more matronly?

When I first started getting Myspace friend requests from sexy females looking for a date, I was flattered. Sorry, Heather, I'm taken. Unfortunately, Tina, I have plans.

Soon, I realized that these "women" were not looking for a date with me, most assuredly didn't think I was sexy, and probably did not even exist. So, of course, I rejected friend requests from these "women" (Coco, Tia, Maxxxine), and, upon closer inspection, realized that all of their pictures were the same busty Asian woman.

Now, I am getting Myspace friend requests from names of women who sound like they could exist. All of a sudden, I wasn't getting friend requests from women named Tiffany or Cumbellina but from women named Jocelyn, Margaret, and Magda. These are real names. I could believe these were people friending me. That is, I could believe they were friending me if every Jocelyn, Margaret, and Magda wasn't over seventy years old.

Spammers need to start buying those baby naming books because it seems like they are grasping at straws here.

No comments:

Post a Comment