Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The End(s?) of an Era(s?)

Today marks the end of an era in two distinct ways.

Today will be the first day I upload a cartoon onto "Ahhhh, Phooey" using my brand new, sleek and shiny black, 4 gigabyte thumb-drive. This thing is unbelievable. When I say sleek and shiny, I mean it. It looks like they used the same material that was used to make Darth Vader's helmet. It's way cool. Anyways, up until now, I was using a thumb-drive that I had borrowed from a very special person. Let's call her Caitlin E. No, that's too obvious, C. Esmond. Thanks to this dear person I have been able to upload cartoons onto this site during work hours, marking the first time I've ever been paid to do something creative (albeit not something I was hired to do.)

Indeed, today also marks the end of an era in another way. Yesterday, I was offered a full-time position at the company I have been interning at for the past few months. My feelings on the job have been sketchy up until now (see the subtitle under the blog header for a more accurate appraisal). However, when presented with the package which included a pay raise and full health benefits, I decided that it was better to suck off the hand that feeds me than to bite it. So, until I quit, I will continue to slap the shackles of corporate slavery on every morning at 9 A.M., afterwhich I will answer to "Cuffy", and do the bidding of my superiors until the time comes to leave at 5 P.M. Then, I will savor every moment until the next morning when I have to walk through those same office doors I see five times a week, and what might turn into fifty-two weeks a year...

The End of an Era! A historic day...for none.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats man on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, cuffy:

    you didn't "borrow" that thumb drive, you nicked it.

    p.s. congrats on the job!!!!!!!!!!! :)!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! This is the beginning of a "NEW ERA"!

    Ah, health benefits, the answer to every mother's prayer!

    ReplyDelete